We all like to receive good news. For instance, if someone were to offer you a million dollars, that would be good news, right? Friend, the Bible shares with us the best news anyone could ever hope for. In 1 Corinthians 15:51, Paul states, “I declare unto you the Gospel…Christ died for our sins!”
We all have a problem, and that problem is called sin. Every human (besides Christ) has broken God’s Law.
- Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
- Ecclesiastes 7:20 For there is not a just man upon the earth, that doeth good and sinneth not.
Because we have sinned, and because God is a perfect Judge, we deserve God’s righteous judgment for our sin.
- Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death…
- Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving,…and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Though we each deserve God’s judgment, Christ came to earth, lived a perfect life, and died on the cross in our place, taking God’s judgment for our sins. Christ is the only way to meet God’s standard for heaven and forgiveness of sins.
- John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- 1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God…
- Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
- Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Friend, just as you would call out and depend on someone to save you from drowning, you must turn from your sin in dependence on Christ as your only hope of salvation.
- Mark 1:15b …repent ye, and believe the Gospel.
- Romans 10:9b-10 …if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
If you have received Christ just now as your personal Savior, or if you still have questions about what you read, please let us know! We would love to be a help in any way that we can.